Purple Lime aim to change the way businesses use and interact with their financial data. We are the outsourced finance department for ambitious growth businesses, providing expertise from day-to-day bookkeeping, up to strategic board-level accounting and financial advice.
Our proposition is based on utilising the exciting new technologies available within the accounting sector to efficiently capture and report the financial data and performance of our clients. We use a platform of technologies that are all cloud based to deliver this service. Our platform is based around Xero accounting software.
As part of our offering, we also handle the more traditional accountancy services such as year-end accounts, taxes and payroll processing.
The position we are recruiting for is Management Accountant. The role requires a qualified accountant with sound technical knowledge, the ability to manage their own workload, commercial awareness, and the ability to effectively communicate and form trusted relationships with clients and fellow team members. The position will initially line-manage two Assistant Management Accountants.
We are a growing team of fun, yet professional individuals who place an emphasis on
teamwork and adding true value to our clients’ businesses.
Purple Lime have offices at Hartham Park in Corsham, Wiltshire. Hartham Park is a special, scenic setting to conduct business and is also home to many businesses at the forefront of digital skills and innovation. However, having a cloud-based platform does allow for flexible working.
Our clients are largely based in and around Wiltshire, Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, and London.
Desired Personal Characteristics:
Hardworking, enthusiastic, and motivated by client satisfaction and success, the person applying should be a confident communicator with presence; backed by a level of technical and commercial experience. They will produce a high quality of work in a proactive manner that will deliver value to clients. They will be keen to use technology; especially cloud-based applications (Xero experience would be desirable but not essential) and possess advanced Excel skills.
Desired Technical Characteristics:
The successful person will have a wide range of technical accounting knowledge and
The key competencies required by the role are:
• statutory compliance (annual accounts, taxation, and company secretarial)
• sound knowledge of accounting standards financial reporting, including experience of
working with trial balances, balance sheets and charts of account
• production of management information (management accounts, KPI reporting etc)
• communication with clients and other stakeholders
• business planning using forecasting and modelling
The Job Role is Management Accountant and is available from July 2020.
A salary range of £40,000 – £50,000 depending on experience/qualifications will be offered. Pension after probation, IT equipment and a quarterly social also included!
Several years’ experience as a management accountant in industry and/or practice. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for financial processes within an accounts department and be confident of suggesting better, more efficient ways for tasks to be done. They will have an interest in new technologies and how they interact with modern business. Experience with preparing management or year-end statutory accounts and liaising with clients on the results. The successful candidate will be ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified.
We offer in-house training for specific applications and processes.
Overview of Duties:
• Overseeing monthly bookkeeping for clients – using Xero and a platform of cloudbased applications
• Posting month-end accounting journals such as prepayments & accruals
• Overseeing the running and submission of payroll for clients
• Overseeing the production and filing of VAT returns
• Preparing business plans & forecasts with clients using Excel and/or dedicated
• Assisting clients with training and consultancy advice
• Being responsible for the production, review and submission of annual statutory
accounts, confirmation statements and all other compliance
• Producing monthly management information, tailored to clients’ requirements – and
debriefing this to the management team of the client. Reports generally take the
form of one of the following:
o Management accounts pack and presentations
o KPI Dashboards
o Operational & financial briefing reports
• Attending client board meetings to present and review financial performance
• Reconciling balance sheet accounts periodically and maintaining clear supporting
schedules – including posting month-end accounting journals such as prepayments
• Overseeing Assistant Management Accountants with their responsibilities and
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org